June 1, 2010

Projects and Memorial Day

Last week we moved to a new apartment. Two days after we moved in, Nate went to Texas to help his parents pack up their house and drive all their stuff down to Mesa. While he was gone, Kennedy and I were busy decorating the new pad and finding projects to keep us busy... I decided to go to Jo Ann's one day to get some fabric to cover some chairs we have, and I ended up leaving with a ton of extra fabric for about 5 more projects, one of which was a dress for Kens. I thought I could just look at a dress she already has and just kind of eye ball it instead of getting any sort of pattern.

I thought it turned out pretty good for not having any pattern.... but then I put it on Kennedy...
It ended up being just a little bit too small but I was determined to get it on her... so I did... with lots of squeezing and pulling, she was in, but there was no getting out. I had to cut it off. So that project is kaput. As for the other projects, I will be getting patterns so I don't waist any more fabric!

Anyways, Nate is back, Kennedy is sick and teething, and we are loving our new place.

Here are a few pictures from our memorial day/ Hadley's birthday festivities...

Our pasty white family.

Bikini baby

Uncle Jason trying to get Kens hooked on DP

She was too pooped to poop by the end of the day
Thanks for the pictures Amy!

5 comments:

  1. haha i love that your a little crafty wifey!! The dress would have been so cute if it would have fit right! oh well, ya live and ya learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so cute! I miss you so much and can't wait to see you guys again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww how cute!! she is getting so big. cant believe she is standing already. crazy!! she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg steph. do not let the pictures fool you. i still have 20 pounds to go to be my pre-pregnant weight. i gained 40 and 20 came off with the baby. aahh!! but im working hard now to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. STEPH!! I just saw your cute post on my blog. You are too darling. I would hope that one day you'd bring Kenner's to Utah to let me teach her how to read books. You've got five years to get here. I'll wait.

    How are YOU?? You're sweet baby is SO adorable. If you are ever up visiting, you should call me because I think your baby should meet her future teacher. You guys are in AZ, right?

    ReplyDelete