June 15, 2010

New ring!

When Nate and I were talking about getting married and looking at rings, a guy I worked with told me about "this guy" that can get us an AWESOME deal on rings. So naturally, we went to "this guy" and got a pretty good deal on a diamond and ring. In the 2 years I've had the ring, I've had to get it re sized, sautered, re dipped, and had a prong fixed that was coming loose. Since we got it from said guy for such a great price, there was no warranty on it, no "come in every 6 months to get your ring re dipped, and checked out". A few weeks ago, I noticed my ring catching on everything. After a quick examination, ANOTHER prong was coming loose. So I haven't been wearing it for a while. So I went to a jeweler to see how much it would cost to get it fixed.... about $100. So we decided it might be cheaper (in the long run) to trade in my ring from "that guy" and get a ring from a jeweler so we could have repairs done for free. SOOOOoooo, with our 2 year anniversary right around the corner, Nate surprised me with a brand new wedding ring!

The old...

and the new...

3 comments: