March 31, 2011

It's Official!

Most people already know, but now it's official... A few weeks ago, I went into Nate's office and had his ultrasound tech see if he could tell what we were having, but the baby's legs were crossed. So I drank some soda hoping it would make the baby move a little, but it was no use. So I went back a few days later and he was able to see this little guys peepee! So we knew about 2 weeks ago, but today was my official ultrasound with my Dr. and he confirmed... it's a boy! It was so cute to see how excited Nate was to find out he would have a Buddie to go hunting and camping with! So far, this pregnancy has been completely different than Kennedy's. With Kennedy, the week I found out I was preggo, I was starving all day every day! I could never get enough to eat... EVER. I had no sickness, nothing. Maybe I got a little more emotional than I normally am, but that was it. In the first 6 months of being pregnant with Kennedy, I gained 12 lbs. the last 3 months.... I gained 40 :( Oh, and I swelled up like Varooka on Willie Wonka towards the end... This pregnancy, the first trimester, I couldn't eat anything. Nothing sounded good and nothing tasted good. Now in the second trimester, I can eat and food tastes good, but I am no where near as hungry as I constantly was with Kennedy. Right now I am almost 5 months along and my total weight gain has been -1 lbs. Yes... -1 lbs. I lost a pound :) I was super sick last week. I'm hoping to keep the weight gain to a minimum this time around, but we'll see how long that lasts.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! We miss you guys! Kennedy is perfect so I can't wait to see what a baby boy is going to look like :) love ya guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you look perfect! Dont even worry about that.. You are one hot pregnant mama! :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooh, go Steph!!! I'm glad this pregnancy is going how you'd like it too. You are a hot mama always and forever.

    Finn is SOOOO excited to have a little cousin to play in the dirt with! And I'm pretty sure he's going to be the cutest little guy in the world with an adorable sis like Kens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, congrats!! a boy!! just like us!! ive noticed my pregnancy has been different too! i did a little post on some of the differences I've noticed so far when i hit 20 weeks. and im so jealous. -1 pounds at 5 months? I'm 5 1/2 months-ish and gained 9 lbs. Still better than the last time around, but id kill to be -1. but im just like you....im trying so hard not to gain as much weight as i did last time (i gained 45 lbs. total!!) I am trying to stay in the recommended, or even better, minimum, but like u said, we'll see how long that goes. (minimum would be 25 lbs. weight gain, which i would seriously love, but doubt it's gonna happen. 35 is the max amnt i wanna gain. no more!!!) i'm still gonna try?! it's so scary not knowing if i can do it or not. anyways, congratulations on your baby boy!! :)

    ReplyDelete