November 4, 2010

The Zoo and Halloween!

The other day my friend Leigh invited us to go to the zoo with her and her boys. On the way, I just so happen to find a little cement wall to run into at the gas station to make sure my day started off right.

After a few minutes of being dramatic and hysterically crying to my wonderful husband on the phone, we made it to the zoo.

Kennedy with a koala bear.
She really liked pointing at all the different things she saw.
At the petting zoo, she only petted the animals with her one finger.
It was the perfect little trip to the zoo with the Root family. I had so much fun looking at all the animals with Kennedy! I just love this little girl to bits!!!


Our Halloween weekend started off with a quiet night of carving pumpkins together. I thought this picture would be appropriate to show as kind of our costume picture because it looks like I have massive spider on my head. (Don't worry...it's not really a spider, it's just my hair) And, because I somehow managed to not get any pictures of us dressed up. So this will have to do.
The finished product.
My friend Autumn helped me make a few last minute things for Kennedy's costume. Kennedy was so cute crawling around singing "my horn can pierce the sky"...
Kennedy as a little pig.
Nate and I dressed up as Mr. Potato head and Bo Peep from Toy Story. Our costumes were not that great so I'm not too sad I forgot to get pictures of us dressed up. All that matters is that Kennedy's costume was cute.


On a side note... Nate's mom got Kennedy this little snowman outfit last year, and we put her in it when she was just a little peewee.

And here she is one year later... our little peewee has grown tremendously!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am dying at her Piggy costume! Too cute and oh so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAAHAHAHAHA. She looks so cute... as a pig and as a snow man! Did you get any pictures of her cute little piggy behind? I want to see how that turned out.

    Oh and how convenient that you didn't get pictures of you both... ehem after I said "make sure you take pictures". ;) I REALLY wanted to see how you all looked together. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOOOSSSHHH!!! little piggy is hilarious!!!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are sooooo hilarious. your blog just cracks me up! first it was when u said she was petting the animals with that one finger, then it was when you said that picture was kind of your costume because of the massive spider on ur head! haha!! tooo dang funny. and wow! she has gotten so big. i love the snowman!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness i love you! you make me laugh and i love her pig costume <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her pig costume!!!!! How are you and how is everything?

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha in response to your comment on my blog....

    It was killing me! I have wanted to tell for a really long time and I totally found another girl that was in my shoes. I stole her blog look and her post with the announcement. It's totally ok though since mine is private. haha. Anyway, yes we do need to play. Maybe Wednesday or Friday this week. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay that pic of her in the snowman is to die for! haha i love it!!

    ReplyDelete