September 6, 2009

Family, Wedding, Baby and Graduation!

Nate and I are officially residents of Arizona! Our first week here was the wedding... it was so much fun having the whole family here and a huge house that we could all hang out at together.

I am so happy that Owen is married now... could anyone be more perfect for him? They are so stinken cute!!
... and the "Allen" skateboard designed by Emily and my dad was AWESOME!

A couple days before the wedding we had a little bridal shower for Alyssa that lasted about 10 minutes...
After the bridal shower was a baby shower for me...
That too lasted only a few minutes... but it was so much fun!
Me, Lydia and Phanelb...
Cherry and Sarah
Sue, Alyssa and Stacy
Emily, Shelley, Phanelb and Grandma
Lydia, Sherri and my mom... Dawn was the one taking all the pictures and helping with presents so the only picture she's in is helping Alyssa... Thanks for doing everything Dawn!

After the the girl time and showers was.... GRADUATION!!! Nate and I did not want to walk at BYU's graduation because we felt like it would be one whole day of waiting and standing up for ever, and sitting down for ever (being pregnant, it's either my back hurting from sitting, or my feet hurting from standing up) so a whole day of that did not sound too appealing, so... there was a mini graduation for me and Nate.
My dad, Cherry and Phanelb were there to present our deplomas


This mini graduation was all I could have ever wanted from a graduation ceremony. Quick, easy, and all about us!

It was so nice having everyone there to celebrate so many different things. My grandma was so thoughtful to throw the bridal shower, baby shower and graduation party while the whole family was in town. It was such a fun day of partying!


So now that all the excitement is over... We are just trying to get established. We are living with Nate's parents in there little apartment, sleeping in their closet... Harry Potter style... Nate has been looking for phlebotomy jobs all over the place and in the mean time has been doing some landscaping and some house work for the main house part of his parents apartment. Life right now is very up in the air... so we are just enjoying this time we have that we can say we are penniless and living in a closet... how many people do you know can say they live in a closet?

6 comments:

  1. Haha who needs more than a closet to sleep in! That is so exciting that you guys moved down to AZ and congrats and graduating...the way I see it, everyone else missed out on graduating, "Allen Style"!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable. Thought I'd share the love with this awesome find! http://lilacmaternity.com
    I wish I had found these when I was preggos. They fit so cute and they fit as you transition back to normal. I bought one the other day, and I love it- kinda pricey but worth it to buy something you can wear after!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, i need you to tell me how to build a Onesie Cake! That's the cutest thing ever!!!! How??

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok seriously - i didn't know you were living in a closet!!! so classic. add it to the weird places you've lived - i.e. a bus!
    will u move to tx?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! How's it going? I'm not a fan of cameras at the moment. I never knew I could weigh so much in my life!!! I never knew I could get stretch marks in so many places...haha! It'll all be worth it though...so I hear. My sisters have given us a lot of their stuff too. We didn't NEED the travel system, but I just wanted something of our own rather than a having everything given to us from my sisters' collections of baby stuff they now longer use. Living in AZ has been great...kinda too hot for my taste, especially being pregnant. I have been picking up a few hours here and there for the call center place I worked for up in Provo. I can do everything through the internet so that has been nice. I don't know what my plans are for work after the baby is born. I guess there's always Curves to fall back on...haha! My husband started helicopter pilot school, which is super expensive, so I'll probably end up having to work part time or something after awhile to help pay his loans back. Do you have any ideas what you want to do? Did you and/or your husband find a job down here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We miss you guys so much! I love your closet of a house and hope we get to do that sometime. It looks so fun, but I can also see how it wouldn't be very much fun. Your graduation was priceless, I miss your parents so much. they were just in hawaii and ate out with my parents and dill. We all love your family so much. What are you guys doing for thanksgiving? Texas? Arizona? We are driving to texas and should try and meet up somewhere. We sure do love you and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete