August 29, 2011

He's here!!

Mason Miles Payne
8/26/2011
2:48 pm
7 lbs. 10 oz.
20.5 in.

Here's how it all went down...

Last preggo picture at 39 weeks, the night before we went to the hospital.

Thursday night at 10 pm we got a call from the hospital saying they had to bump me because they had no available beds and they would call me once they had an open bed. I was pretty bummed because my dr. told me if I was scheduled for the 3 am induction there was very little chance of my being bumped. Not to mention I was already super nervous, scared, anxious, and everything in between to have this baby and now we had to sit and wait for an open bed! I went to bed that night thinking I wasn't going to be able to sleep at all, but since Nate was there, I actually had the best night sleep I've had in a long time. 4 am comes around and we get the call from the hospital saying they had a bed! I was so stoked we were only pushed back an hour! We got up, and got ready to head to the hospital.

4:30 am we got to the hospital and got checked in.
6:30 am hooked up to pitocin. Dilated to a 3
My mom, sister Dawn and my niece Ashlyn all came before Dawn and Ashlyn had to go to school. I had asked Dawn to be in the room when I delivered but she had to work so she told me I couldn't have the baby till after 2:30 when she could get back to the hospital.
8:30 am contractions 5 minutes apart getting pretty painful
9 am epidural is in. Dilated to a 4. (My mom thought I was a total whimp for needing the epidural when I was only dilated to a 4, but in my defense, I was NOT going to give birth without the epidural so I thought I'd just get it out of the way early...)
1:30 pm Dr broke my water dilated to 7
2 pm dilated to a 9!
At around 2:35 ish my nurse asked me to try pushing once then she went and got my doctor. He came in the room probably around 2:45 pm, told me to push as he was getting his gown on and getting ready to catch this baby. He sat down and told me to push then stop 3 times and baby Mason was outta there at 2:48 pm!

I couldn't believe it! It was completely opposite from when I had Kennedy. No pain. No tears from pain. No sweating. NOTHING! He came out so quick and easy I was kind of in shock at how smoothly everything went.

First time holding our son.
Because he came out so fast, his face got pretty bruised.
Proud dad
Grandma Allen
Dawn made it there about 15 minutes before I started pushing! It was perfect timing!!
I have 2 kids!
Our little family of 4!


4 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHH! Finally! YOU HAVE TWO KIDS! I am SO happy! I love the pictures, and the break down of events, good memory, you are going to love having that to look back on. I wish I could meet him. so glad your delivery was so smooth and awesome! that is how it should be! And not a wimp at all for getting your epidermal at a 4. You ain't got to prove nothing to nobody.

    side note: LOVE nates hair. lol! and Kennedy is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen! ever!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was amazing! He is so perfect and I am in love with your sweet little family! I loved all the pictures and your little story. Im praying all my babies come out just like Mason! I love you :) You are an amazing momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so tender! it makes me wonder how my first time experience will be! i'm nervous but so excited! our little boys will be around the same age- how exciting!! are you guys living in mesa??

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 is crazy, isnt it?? congrats and glad everything went smoothly!! :)

    ReplyDelete